The government has a plan for all possible phases of the spread of the virus, said Undersecretary of Civil Protection Nikos Hardalias and points out that daily examines how the diaspora is evolving, but also how the measures are implemented and taken accordingly. the decisions.
“Therefore,” he emphasizes, “every measure is on the table.” Regarding the Easter holiday season, the Undersecretary of Civil Protection reiterated that “no one can go to their village. After all, travel is already prohibited “and he adds:” We will not go to church this Easter–we will pray from our home.
The next few weeks are particularly critical. So at the moment I am neither optimistic nor pessimistic, he said. I’m just focused on how our country and all of us together will win this war.
The Greek government still will proceed taking some of the measures below:
- Further restriction of traffic for specific hours during which supermarkets, pharmacies and banks will remain open.
- Possibility to go out for physical exercise or at a limited distance from home for a limited time and only once a day.
- Prohibition of movement from municipality to municipality. It is applied in Italy with the exception of cases of “absolute necessity” and for “health reasons”.
- Discontinuation of public transport. It is already being implemented in Serbia, and has been implemented in some cities in China. Night traffic is already banned in more than 15 countries around the world, such as Egypt and Saudi Arabia, and in at least 35 cities in France.
- Heavy fines for violating traffic bans. At the moment in France the fine is 135 euros and 1,500 euros for repeated offenders, with thoughts of further increase, while Italy is considering the possibility of setting the fine at 3,000 euros.
The Municipality of Mykonos will take additional restrictive measures, to avoid serious public health risk and in particular for the reduction of the spread and the effects of COVID-19 disease. Particularly: The ban on the movement of citizens every day from 20:00 to 08:00 the next day.